Add Your Heading Text Here
Abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB), also known as dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) , is vaginal bleeding from the uterus that is abnormally frequent, last excessively long, is more than normal, or is irregular.
Symptoms of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding :
Symptoms of abnormal (dysfunctional) uterine bleeding may include:
•Heavy bleeding with large clots.
•Bleeding or spotting between periods.
•Periods that occur less than 28 days apart or menstrual cycle is shorter than 21 days, (more common) or more than 35 days apart.
•Women of menopausal age experience heavy bleeding known as flooding.
•Bleeding after sexual intercourse.
•Excessive growth of body hair (especially in face) in a male pattern (hirsutism).
•Tenderness and dryness of the vagina.
•Tiredness and weakness due to blood loss.
Cause of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding :
Abnormal uterine bleeding can be caused by
• Structural abnormalities in the reproductive tract. It includes benign (non-cancerous) lesions of the uterus such as polyps, fibroids (myomas), and adenomyosis (uterine thickening caused by endometrial tissue moving into the outer walls of the uterus).
• Anovulation occours when the ovaries do not release an egg during a menstrual cycle. There is reduced level of progesterone that causes heavy bleeding during an anovulatory cycle.
• Bleeding disorders( blood clotting disorders)
• Hormonal issues (such as hypothyroidism),
• Early pregnancy, including miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
• Medications that can affect the normal release of estrogen and progesterone (Side effects of birth control pills)
• Vaginal and cervical lesions (benign or cancerous), endometeritis, or endometrial adhesions can also cause heavy bleeding.
• Use of an intrauterine device (IUD) also may be associated with abnormal uterine bleeding.
• Chronic medical problems such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) , diabetes mellitus or disorders of the liver, kidney, thyroid gland, or adrenal glands
• Cancer of the reproductive tract, etc.
Diagnosis of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding :
√ Hysteroscopy is a useful procedure in which a thin telescope-like instrument is placed through the cervix into the uterus which allows visual inspection of the entire uterine cavity.
Ultrasound within vagina and on top of the abdomen and pelvis is done.
√ A pregnancy test is always performed because abnormal bleeding in the reproductive years is commonly due to abnormalities associated with pregnancy
√ Blood test to check for anemia (low blood count) or a blood clotting disorder.
Complications of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding :
Complications of chronic abnormal uterine bleeding can include infertility, iron deficiency anaemia or cancer of endometerium. If bleeding is not controlled it may lead to hypotension, shock, and even death.
What can I do to improve my situation?
1) Iron supplements shall be started to overcome anemic effects.
2) Avoid usage of birth control pills.
3) Nutritious diet including green vegetables, fruits and jaggery, etc must be taken.
4) In cases of bleeding disorders, the specific treatment shall also be started.
5) In cases of very large fibroids and polyps, surgical removal has to be done.
Homeopathy Treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding:
Homeopathy is safe effective way to treat abnormal vaginal bleeding.
It improves the immune power and rectifies the root cause of bleeding. It helps to resolve the polyps, fibroids and improve the health status.
Your constitutional homeopathic remedy is selected after matching your present complaints along with associated symptoms, mental and physical symptoms. This holistic approach and treatment will further prevent the irregularity and heavy flow of menses in future.
Homeopathic Medicines for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding Treatment:
1) When the blood flow is bright red mixed with clots then Homeopathic remedy SABINA is very helpful in case of abnormal uterine bleeding treatment. The bleeding is too profuse and period lasts too long.
Bleeding is partly fluid and partly clotted which increases by motion associated with pain from sacrum to pubes. It is also helpful in inter-menstrual bleeding.
2) When the flow is associated with uterine colic (labour-like pain) then homeopathic remedy THILASPI BURSA PASTORIS works well. The menstrual cycle appears even before recovery from the previous periods has occurred. Menstrual bleeding is dark, profuse, with the presence of large clots. It is indicated in uterine fibroids with prolonged period that lasts too long, from one to two weeks altogether.
3) When bleeding is gushing and accompanied by exhaustion, faintness and a feeling as if hips and back pain are broken into prices appearing at climacteric period then homeopathic remedy TRILLIUM PENDULUM work wonders.
4) Homeopathic remedy USTILAGO MAYDIS is used in uterine fibroids where menstrual bleeding is dark. Clotted and stringy bleeding is present. The bleeding may last for ten to fourteen days. It is also also indicated for frequent periods that arise every three weeks with dark, clotted blood.
5) Homeopathic remedy PHOSPHORUS works well when heavy inter- menstrual bleeding is due to fibroids, polyps and cancer of uterus, etc. Blood is bright red in colour. There is pain in back during bleeding with weakness.
6) When the bleeding is accompanied by a characteristic bearing down sensation in the uterus then Homeopathic remedy SEPIA works well. It is indicated for abnormal uterine bleeding treatment with complaint of bleeding after sexual intercourse.
7) When abnormal uterine bleeding occurs due to uterine polyps and fibroid and the bleeding occurs very frequently and is profuse then homeopathic remedy CALCAREA CARBONICUM work wonders. There is excessive chilliness, especially cold feet, during the bleeding.
Periods arise every two weeks and lasts for around two weeks.
8) Homeopathic remedy IPECAC is helpful in case of abnormal uterine bleeding where profuse blood flow is attended with constant nausea and vomiting. The bleeding is bright red in colour with large clots.
Note : These are indicated medicines and should be taken after advice of qualified Homeopathic Doctor. A constitutional medicine is prescribed according to case history and individualization of patient which stops further recurrence of Heavy Bleeding ( AUB – Abnormal uterine bleeding ). The heavy bleeding treatment will depend on the cause as well as your individual state of health, preferences, and needs.
To book appointment for the treatment of Heavy Bleeding ( AUB – Abnormal uterine bleeding ), please visit at -> https://www.homoeopathy-online.com/book-appointment
Don’t miss new updates on health related articles, click here to subscribe!