Homeopathy Treatment for Asthma
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory reversible disease of the airways with paroxysms of dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing), cough, and wheezing. It is characterised by increased responsiveness of tracheobronchial tree to variety of stimuli (extrinsic and intrinsic). In asthma, there is narrowing of airways (due to combination of muscle spasm, mucosal oedema, and viscid bronchial secretion).
Treatment for Asthma in homeopathy is very effective and moreover without any side effects.
Symptoms of Asthma
Symptoms may include
- Episodes of wheezing
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing – Wheezing is a whistling sound arising in the chest while breathing due to obstruction of the airflow in air passages.
If you are suffering from any such symptoms, it is advised to consult Doctor for treatment of Asthma.
What can CAUSE Asthma to Occur?
1. Smoking is a known risk factor for asthma.
2. Genetic or Family history play a crucial role in development of asthma.
3. Allergic asthma is a type of asthmatic attacks triggered by allergens like pollen, dust mites, animal dander (especially cat and dog hair), cockroaches, mold, perfumes , etc.
4. Environmental factors such as dampness, change of weather, pollution, etc also triggers asthmatic attacks.
Air pollutants and cold, humid weather can cause asthma.
5. Exercise induced asthma is commonly seen in athletes, cyclists and swimmers.
6. Occupation induced asthma are seen in chemical workers, welders, cotton factory workers and coal miners.
7. Drug induced asthma can be triggered by medicines like aspirin, NSAIDs, beta blockers, pain relievers such as ibuprofen and naproxen.
8. Asthma that gets worse at night is called as Nocturnal asthma or night time asthma. It makes sleep impossible.
9. Asthma-COPD overlap syndrome (ACOS) occurs when someone has these two diseases at once.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a collection of lung diseases that cause breathing problems and obstruct airflow.
10. Premenstrual asthma (PMA): is when asthma symptoms get worse during the premenstrual period.
11. Status asthmaticus is a severe form of asthma in which an asthma attack gets worse as it goes along and the medicines that are usually used to treat asthma do not work. Status asthmaticus can be fatal.
So, treatment for Asthma should be started, if any such symptoms are seen.
Types of Asthma
Asthma can be both allergic and non-allergic.
1. Allergic asthma/Atopic asthma/Extrinsic or early onset asthma is caused due to response to external allergens, with positive family history of asthma. Allergens like dust, animal danders, feathers and dust mites,fish,eggs, nuts,yeast, fungal spores, wood dust, grain dust, and pollens, etc trigger it. It is commonly seen in childhood.
2. Non-allergic asthma / Non Atopic asthma/Intrinsic or late onset asthma may be triggered by drug hypersensitivity(aspirin), stress, smoke, cold air, exercise, chemical exposure, change in temperature and humidity, respiratory infections (viral and bacterial), etc.
Diagnosis for Asthma
Medical history : information such as what signs and symptoms of asthma they suffer with.
Family medical history
Physical examination and testing
- Lung function tests [Pulmonary function tests (PFTs)] – where forced expiratory volume (FEV) is decreased.
- Spirometry; measures how much air the lungs are able to breathe in and how much air they breathe out and how fast a person can exhale.
- X-ray shows hyper inflated lungs.
- RAST( radio allergo sorbent test) to confirm IgE is increased or decreased.
- Blood test : Increased IgE and eosinophilia
- Skin test: wheal and flare reaction after intradermal infection of allergens ( positive in atopic individuals).
- Sputum shows eosinophils, charcot leyden crystals, curschmann’s spirals and laennec’s pearls.
- ABGT ( arterial blood gas test) – PaCO2 is increased and PaO2 is decreased.
- Peak Expiratory flow(PEF)- OVERNIGHT fall (morning dip) and rise during day.
How prone are you to asthma?
1. If any blood relative has asthma, likely, you might also get asthma that is a genetic cause.
2. If you are obese, there is an increased chance that you might get asthma.
3. Allergic Rhinitis, atopic dermatitis can cause an asthmatic attack.
How can you say this medical condition has increased or aggravated?
1. Increased difficulty in taking in oxygen.
2. Using inhalers very frequently to get relief.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for treatment for asthma:
Homeopathic constitutional medicine is necessary to achieve a lasting cure of asthma, while the following remedies can often be helpful in reducing the distress that an acute attack can create.
Homeopathic remedy for asthma doesn’t have any side effects hence providing relief to the patients naturally and effectively. Asthma treatment in homeopathy is better because homeopathy medicines improve the overall health of the patient as the medicine provides relief for all other ailments along with treatment for asthma.
1. Aconite When you get exposed to cold weather, as a result, you get an asthma attack very frequently. You start to breathe loudly resulting in a whistling sound when you try to sleep. Most of the Homeopathy doctors prescribe Aconite to help patients sleep as they can now breathe easily. Without a doubt, Aconitum Napellus is a wonder herb that can be used in acute asthmatic conditions.
Consequently, It will help you to inhale sufficient air, naturally, as this can cure wheeze and chest congestion.
2. Natrum Sulphuricum When the weather is dry and cold, sometimes, the sputum you spit out will be greenish. In such a condition, this medicine can be helpful.
3. Sacumbrus Nigra When the individual has nose blockage and difficulty in taking air in. It will treat asthma due to the inhalation of chemicals at the workplace.
4. Medorhhinum This medicine treats two conditions such as eczema and asthma. Medorhhinum is prescribed to children. It is a pediatric drug to cure Asthma.
Note: These are indicated medicines and should be taken after the advice of a qualified Homeopathic Doctor. A constitutional medicine is prescribed according to case history and individualization of the patient which stops further recurrence of asthma
What can Homeopathy do?
Treatment for Asthma in homeopathy is safe and offers a permanent cure to the problem by removing the cause of asthma from its root.
Homeopathic medicines for Asthma set off the body’s own restorative processes, mainly strengthening its natural healing system to make it strong enough to fight the condition. In case if asthma is allergic in origin, Homeopathic medicines start by treating the allergies thus causing asthma to completely uproot the disease.
Homeopathic treatment provides relief to the patients naturally and effectively. Homeopathy medicines improve the overall health of the patient.
Treatment of Asthma in homeopathy is natural, safe and free from any adverse side-effects.
Why Choose Homeopathy Online for Treatment of Asthma?
With Homeopathy Online , during your first online consultation, case history is taken which includes your present main complaint, duration of the symptoms, family history, mental symptoms, any treatment if you have undergone before.
Also, we take into account the overall picture of patient – the emotional makeup and general health, the type of illness and specific “modalities” that make the symptoms better or worse. In this way we individualize one patient from another, hence the medicine is then prescribed.
After the consultation, finally we provide you the required steps which you need to take to get rid of the problem from its root cause :
1. The medicine prescription, if medicines are required to be taken
2. Diet Chart
4. Weekly or Monthly follow up, depending upon the severity of problem
Consult Online for Treatment of Asthma
30 minutes session with Dr. Komal